Hades? Day 4

I did not blog yesterday because I wanted to use what spoons I had wisely. (Due to my autism, I always operate on Spoon theory, but especially during bad times like these. If you have not head of Spoon Theory or Spoonies, check this out.) I am a morning person, which is why I write first thing.

But yesterday, knowing that I might crash sooner, I focused on things for my family. Alan had been doing his best in the kitchen (that means loading and unloading the dishwasher). So, I did the rest. He had brought the Christmas trees and decorations up. I know how important that is to @PanKwake right now, so I put one tree up. I still need to get the lights and tinsel on it, but she can do the rest. But Christmas 2020 is NOT shaping up to be anywhere near as nice as last year (photos).

Oh, and I managed a shower and to disinfect that bathroom. By then…I was done for. I collapsed to read and nap for the rest of the day.

Tiredness or lethargy is one of my primary symptoms. But what is worrying me is that Alan has the classic cough and wheezing. He is doing his peak flow twice a day and so far so good. But this is my nightmare. Him getting it. It is not just the risk of death which is substantial for those with pre-existing lung disease such as asthma, but it can have long-term effects on the course of that condition. It can have impacts of quality of life as well as longevity.

We know two men of similar age who had Covid early (March/April). Both were in good shape, one worked out almost every day. Neither had a pre-existing health condition. That guy who worked out every day? He can’t do much of anything for more than fifteen minutes – six months later! I don’t want to think about it…

But I should be able to take the question mark out in a couple of days. We finally reached the high threshold for testing. We ordered them online using the app (Friday), because after that first initial phone call, I just could not face another ‘human.’ It arrived the next day (Saturday) via Amazon, no less. Alan says the poor delivery driver rang the bell, dropped the package, and RAN!

Since neither of us drive or want to put friends at even the slightest risk, Alan called the hotline and arranged for someone to pick them up. They came yesterday (Sunday). They say two to three days for your results.

Alan is calling his GP this morning, though. He has been with the same GP service for over thirty years. So, they are very familiar with managing his asthma. Hopefully, that means they will be more aggressive in early treatment (if such a thing exists? I am no longer sure after that one phone call to the hotline.)

Okay, like I said I still need to get the lights and tinsel on @PanKwake’s Christmas tree. I better run and use more spoons for that. I’ll do my best to keep ya’ll posted.

One thing I have noticed is the dearth of personal stories about this illness. Yes, the medical stuff is vital, but sometimes you need to hear from someone else who has been there. That’s why I’m writing this. So, others will know whether it is symptoms or doubts/fears, you are not alone.

Goddess bless, protect, and heal you & yours,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: